Barber Jobs Queenstown
Gents are currently recruiting. We require the following:
1). FRONT OF HOUSE (RECEPTION)The job role requires someone with excellent customer service. Experience working in a barber shop or salon would be beneficial but not essential.
- Greeting customers face-to-face and answering the phone, handling customer enquiries, managing reservations, counter sales, cash-up and making tea & coffee for customers.
- Cleaning, including sweeping, laundry, dishwasher, sinks, bathrooms, windows and mirrors, bins, dusting etc.
- Assisting barbers with cleaning and maintaining tools and supplies, keeping supplies topped up.
- Monitoring stock levels and ordering stock when required
- Offering assistance for barbers as required.
2). APPRENTICE BARBERThe Apprenticeship training programme is in conjunction with HITO – the government appointed organisation to support employers in the Barbering, Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy industries. The apprenticeship will last 2 – 3 years.
While you train on the job, HITO provides workbooks, training materials, assessment materials, arranging off-job training for theory, registering and paying for NZQA units and issuing the certificate to prove you’re fully qualified.
We do not require you to have prior experience – we need your passion to want to enter and succeed in this vibrant creative industry. You need to be well presented, fit in with our existing team, have the right attitude and be reliable.
As an Apprentice Barber you will be required to:
- Answer the phone, meet, greet and make reservations for customers
- General front of house duties
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Cut hair using barbering techniques to create a variety of looks
- Style and finish Men’s hair
- Cut facial hair in to shape
- Provide shaving services
Training to be Provided
Apprenticeships combine on-the-job and off-the-job training. This means you’ll spend time in Gents barber shop working and learning the relevant skills to develop your competence in barbering. You will have the opportunity to work with real clients and real products as well as learn important skills such as customer service, teamwork and retail skills.
Apprenticeships are a work based qualification that is designed to ensure that at the end of your apprenticeship programme you are job ready.
As an Apprentice you learn on the job and you are an employee. As an employee, you are entitled to a wage, which means you earn whilst you learn.
A positive, professional, friendly and creative working environment will be provided and you will work as part of our enthusiastic and innovative team to deliver the ultimate men’s grooming experience.
If you are interested in joining our team in either of the above capacities please message Henry Brain by sending your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org